Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One Determined Two Year Old


Kaylie has a thing about bikes, she loves them, and she wants one really bad. We went to the store the other day to look at them and they were ridiculously priced. She was devastated when we left the aisle with out one (seriously wish I had a picture of her puppy dogs eyes). I'm glad Jacob was with me because I think I would have given in and bought one.
She's been pretty much potty trained for the last couple months, but she still has the weekly accident, which has been a little annoying. So we've decided to make her work for her precious bike. We made a little chart to keep track of the days that she stays dry, and each day she does she gets to put a sticker on that day. I've told her that if she puts a sticker on everyday she gets a bike.
So, some of you are thinking...that's wonderful, why do I care? Well let me finish.
Yesterday, we went to visit Jacob's uncle's grave, and when we were leaving Kaylie told me that she needed to go potty. So I took her in the restrooms at Subway and she wouldn't go. Then at the park where we were eating she said she had to go, we ran back and forth looking for a restroom that was open and finally found one and she still wouldn't go. (She hates public restrooms). The whole time we were driving home to her aunt's house she was moaning in agony and saying potty, potty. When we finally got there Kaylie finally relieved herself...and man did she have to go. She had held it for about 2 1/2 hours when all was said and done. I was so proud of her, she really, really wants this bike. Wish we would have done this months ago.

No comments: