Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hurricane in Ohio! Seriously!

As I mentioned in my previous post, we had our power knocked out for four whole days and the reason it was knocked out was due to the remnants of hurricane Ike. September 14th, and Sunday afternoon it hit us as a category 1 hurricane and let me tell you that I've never seen anything quite like it. I finally got some "post-worthy" photos of some of the damage.

On Friday, we went with Tracie and Steve and their kids up to a park and it was blocked off. Once we walked up there we found out why. There was this huge tree that had been knocked over and they had already started cutting it up, but by the looks of it, it barely missed a building on its way down.

In this picture you can get a small idea of how big the tree was, Jacob is standing in front with Kaylie on his shoulders and that is Steve (my uncle) on the tree. Way in the background on the left you can see Bridger (my cousin) standing on the other end off the tree.

Still this picture doesn't do it justice. I guess now I can see why the power was out for four days. We're some of the lucky ones, there are still a lot of people here without power and it happened 9 days ago!

No comments: