Saturday, August 29, 2009

Two Weeks Already!

Isn't it just crazy how fast life happens. Even though we can't wait until this little guy is sleeping through the night...I wish that he wouldn't grow so fast...I can't believe that he's two weeks old already...what happened? At eight days he lost his umbilical cord (which makes them not-as-new-newborns), I'm just mad that I didn't get to keep it (it just disappeared), I kept Kaylie's and gave it to Jacob as a Valentine's Day present...(it was Valentines Day when she lost hers.) Jacob just thought that it was gross...where's the love?
On Wednesday, we took Aaron to his two week check up and he weighed in at 6 lbs 12 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long (Jacob had to bring him home and measure him and we got 21 inches every time, must just be the nurse.) But I'm so happy that he's gaining as much weight as he is, especially because he was losing weight at the end of the pregnancy, it's such a relief. And check out the cheeks he's getting.

Last Saturday, to celebrate Aaron's 10th day of life, we went to a Car Show. (Jacob wanted to break him in early). It was over 100 degrees, so needless to say we didn't stay terribly long. Here's Kaylie chuggin down her water in the shade.

Here's the little guy in front of a GTO, like I said...Jacob likes to break them in young. Funny thing, Aaron's only two and a half weeks old and he's already been to two shows.



6 comments:

Skyler and Aubrey said...

Congrats on your new little baby Puff! I can't believe you and Tell are mom's of two!

Kacie said...

so funny! Yeah I would say that is breaking him in early!!! It will be fun for them when he gets older it is a pretty cool hobby! Can't believe how fast time flies!

Rachel said...

That's so funny! I bet Jacob is really going to love having a son! Aaron is a little cutie. So glad you're doing well. Hope Kaylie is handling the new competition okay.

Andrea said...

Congrats on the little guy! He's adorable. I think it is hilarious that both you and Chantell had girls and then boys. What fun for playing with cousins!

Brittany Alyse said...

Wow!! Congrats on the your son!! He is such a cutie!!

Steve and Tracie Jensen Family said...

I'm totally with you on the umbilical cord, I would be sad if I lost it too, I just hope other people who made fun of me keeping the umbilical cords read this, see I'm not the only one!!!
That is funny that they measured him wrong like they did with Shaylie but her's was the other way around they measured her too big at the hospital. He is adorable I'm so jealous!