Friday, August 21, 2009

Night Owl

So Aaron's a great baby except for one major thing, he's a serious night owl. Last night for example was Jacob's call night and of course he got a call and was gone most the night and Aaron was up the whole time he was gone. And man it's tough when they're up all night, I don't know how single parents can do it. Jacob came to the rescue at about 6 am and took him, even though he was up all night too. I love my hubby.
I just thought that this little onesee was appropriate due to the all-nighter last night. Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom when it comes to night owls? Kaylie's always been super good at night, so this is all new to me.


Kaylie sport'n the baby carrier with her baby, it's funny what a copy cat she is these days.



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, Krista, he's a cute little guy! I'm sorry you had such a rough night. Hopefully Aaron will figure out his days and nights soon. And Kaylie is cute too.

Summer Mortensen said...

My boys are both great sleepers, so i never had a night owl. I don't know how much help i can be, but i've heard that you're supposed to wake them up during the day if they sleep a lot and try to keep them awake as much as you can, so they'll get their nights and days figured out. Good luck!

Brittany Rigby said...

Here is my advice. Keep him awake as much as possible during the day and at night keep it really dark until he gets the hang of the nights...even if he is awake keep it dark. (Diaper changes and feeding are also as dark as possible.) He will learn quickly that when it is dark it should be time to sleep and when it is light it is time to be awake. Good luck but this has worked with both of my kids and it only took one to two nights to get it figured out.