Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Feeling a little picked on"

So I went Visiting Teaching the other day and my companion brought up how she's "feeling a picked on" these days, just because everything seems to be going wrong. All I can say is Diddo! we're "feeling a little picked on" ourselves lately, "when it rains, it pours" they say, and again nothing could be more true in our case.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to complain (we really are blessed) but man, all this "rain" is driving me insane, and I don't know how much more we can take. Here's our little list of problems these days:




1. We're stuck here in Utah, but we really want to be in Idaho, but there's no room in the family business. So we're here in Utah, Jacob's working twice as much as he would in Idaho, for literally about half the pay. But due to the current economy (no thanks to Obama) we dare not ask for a raise.

2. We are starting to have to pay back our student loans, which (due to the above circumstances) is next to impossible, we are not making enough to live and pay them all. And I'm too sick to work.



3. Last week I went to my regular well check visit on the baby and was told that the baby is too skinny and the Dr was worried that my placenta is dieing. This week a little better news, he's still gaining weight...but he's still way too skinny, and my placenta is starting to calcify, so I could have this baby at any time...and I still have a month to go. I'm basically suppose to be on bed rest (try that with a two year old....right). So a little scary....yeah!



4. Kaylie's got her molars growing in, and she's so grouchy and hard to deal with, plus she doesn't sleep very well at night so that means....no sleep for me...yay!


5. We've had every problem with water that you can imagine in our apartment. We love this apartment, and the rent is really cheap, but we've had about all that we can handle. Almost every pipe has had problems, but this week has been the icing on the cake because:



Under the fireplace has started to leak, due to sprinklers and too much rain. As soon as I get it dried out and the carpet all cleaned up it will leak again. And the smell of mold and mildew is just awful, it's making me and everyone else for that matter really sick.
While our landlord was here dealing with the fireplace issues I was in the bathroom doing my hair, when the ceiling above the shower started to drip really bad. (Not the greatest picture, but it is dripping). I'm just glad that he was here to see it because it's done it before but he never really believed me. Apparently the lady upstairs, had her shower on and it was leaking through into our bathroom....lucky me.
Then the linen closet flooded...yay...more stink! And that's about the point I started to scream, because I'm in the nesting phase (where I've been cleaning everything before the baby....and I get to do it all again.) So yes, I'm "feeling a little picked on" these days....how about you?




3 comments:

Kacie said...

Hey! I'm so sorry that you have been going through all of these trials. It is so scary when you get bad news about your pregnancy at all so I hope he's ok! Hopefully your day of blessings is right around the corner!

Steve and Tracie Jensen Family said...

I thought our flooding was bad, but at least ours was in one area. I know how you feel though our townhouse had stupid leaks all the time it's really annoying! And the mold does make you sick, I was sick for a couple weeks and when they pulled up the carpet I got REALLY sick. I'm glad to be out! I hope all works out with you guys. And keep me informed on that baby of yours. We're praying for you!

grant said...

Sorry to hear about the pregnancy problems, we'll be praying for you guys. I hope you make it back to Idaho also so I can come and visit you guys. Take care