Wednesday, March 14, 2012

5 Months

I apologize for being a little behind, but life has been very busy...to say the least....but busy is a good thing in our world. The girls are 5 months old already! I can't believe it! And fortunately they are at the stage where they are getting easier to handle (in some ways) and they FINALLY are on a schedule which makes life somewhat predictable.
Lil Lydia....look at those beautiful eyes! She is such a happy baby, she loves her twin (of course) she can't help but always grab Alyssa (usually her ears.) And she loves to gurgle and coo...she is very busy and curious...this girl is already planning on what she is going to get into...thank goodness we have a little time before she figures out how to actually get there.
Miss Alyssa....my social butterfly, and too cute for words. She prefers mom, but thinks Aaron is hilarious (from a distance of course). She loves to hold Lydia's hand and enjoys her company and loves watching all Lydia's mad grabbing skills. Alyssa is very laid back but very jealous if mom is holding anyone else...especially Lydia. And she is a talker, and singer...if you can call it singing, she loves the sound of her own voice.
I need to get a picture of it... but both girls are thumb suckers...THANK GOODNESS... I've done the binkies with Aaron and we did it with the girls for the first two months... and no thank you... nights and days were way too long until they learned how to soothe themselves with their thumbs. Yes...I know, it is an impossible habit to break (I still catch Kaylie sucking hers and she is 5.) But it is totally worth my sanity!
I am now the biggest fan in the world of leg warmers....so 80s I know, but so convenient. I can leave them on for diaper changes so no messing with pants, plus they are very cute (even though they are very big)...and the more time I save the better.
More pics coming soon....when I get the time to post again!

4 comments:

Meagan Cooper said...

oh my goodness, your girls are beautiful! Seriously could they get any cuter???I can't believe how fast time flies! You are amazing and I love talking to your grandma, she always updates me on how you are doing!

Katy said...

Wow! I can't believe they are 5 months old already. They are so cute!!!! Anything that saves your sanity as a mother of twins is worth it in my opinion, so hurray for thumb sucking! I wish I had discovered the whole leg warmer thing earlier. I made some for our boys when they were about a year old and loved them, but they were a bit big for them at that point. They are totally awesome and just too cute on your little ones! Congrats on hitting the 5 month mark with your little ones!

Amber T. said...

Your posts always make me smile, Lydia and Alyssa are so cute! I can't believe they're 5 months. I wish we could see you guys. You and Jacob are doing a great job with 4 kiddos!

Sarah d' said...

GORGEOUS!! Someday my dream is to be able to see that double-duty-cuteness in person!! You are a CHAMP!!