Wednesday, March 17, 2010

~Did You Know?-Wednesday!~

So I've decided that I need to be a little more consistent with my blogging. To get myself motivated, I will be starting a Did You Know?-Wednesday. Just because I love learning new facts. So every Wednesday, I will list 5 interesting facts that I've learned over the course of the week, cause I like to keep my wheels turning.

~Did You Know:

~The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in Renaissance Florence to shave them off.

~When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!

~The earthquake that struck Chile (Feb. 27, 2010) was so powerful it shifted the planet's axis enough to make it spin slightly faster, meaning our days will be shorter by 1.26 millionths of a second (according to preliminary calculations by scientists at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.)

~A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood.

~Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per second.

*Hope these facts got your wheels turning...tune in next Wednesday for 5 more!*

No comments: