Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Up, pease"

For weeks Kaylie has struggled with the terms "up" and "down". As of yesterday she had it right but it appears that today she just decided to avoid the confusion by saying "up" to everything. Jacob and I are trying to help her understand the difference.
After dinner, she'll usually say "down" when she's done, and we'll wash her off and get her down. Well, tonight she said "up", and after a few few minutes added a "pease" to her request. So I got her out of her highchair and lifted her up above my head, for as long as I could all the while trying to correct her "up, pease" to down please. After a few minutes of that my arms got tired, so Jacob took over, and after a few minutes we gave up. And as of now, everything is still "up pease".
Oh well, she'll get it eventually.

No comments: